This moderation policy sets out the timescales, methods and terms within which interactive services on www.open.glasgow.gov.uk (“our site”) operates. This ensures that all user generated online content is suitable and in the context of our site’s service.
Comments added to our site by registered, logged-in users will appear on our site without moderation.
Comments added to the site by unregistered or non logged-in users will not appear until they have been moderated.
Any comments added over the weekend or bank holidays which require to be moderated will be moderated within 5 working days of being added.
One-off online events
If we hold any ad hoc online feedback events that require more frequent moderation e.g. an online consultation that occurs within a specific time period, we will confirm moderation frequency for that specific activity on our site.
Content editing after approval
Our Moderation Team may occasionally edit submitted content before it appears on our site for clarity, optimisation. Substance or meaning not be altered.
Where content is not published. If your submission to our site does not appear on our site, or is removed, it means that our Moderation Team feel that the contribution does not comply with the code of conduct of our site as noted below.
Where a submission is removed by our Moderation Team, we will seek to indicate this on our site in place of the comment. Where possible, in response to any requests, we will explain why your contribution did not fit with the guidelines, with suggestions of how the content could be re-phrased so that it can appear on our site.
Use of Interactive Services by minors
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
For any queries regarding moderated services, please contact the email address noted below.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
These standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person (acting reasonably).
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Any queries about our moderation of interactive services on our site should be sent to: email@example.com