Glasgow City Council is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our sites then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Glasgow City Council may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including name, organisation/company, e-mail address and Twitter user name
- Areas of interest
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our site and the service provided through our site
- We may periodically send promotional information about new products, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting use the information you have provided.
- Send you notifications of new Data Sets added to our site which may be of interest to you or
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email for research purposes. We may use the information to customise our site according to your interests
- Request feedback and comment on our site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Glasgow City Council, City Chambers, George Square, Glasgow G2 1DU.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.